Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the artists and programmers, ensuring the art content and features are easily integrated into the game, while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project.
Your main mission:
- Your role is to support the content production art teams in achieving top-quality results within the context of the project;
- You will work closely with the Technical Directors and the programming team to help implementing technical art features and new technologies in the project.
- Implement optimizations and monitor the performance of the game;
- Identify and Implement art-pipeline optimizations and automatizing;
- Create technical benchmarks to be used in production;
- Implement technical art features with the help of the programming team;
- Offer technical support to the art team in day-by-day production issues;
- Create and maintain technical documentation;
- Share with the other artists best-practices and new tools.
What you'll bring as experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally in the video game industry;
- The number and variety of tech-art areas of interest in your past activity is also important.
What You'll Bring As a Colleague:
- Very good problem-solving skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
- Training and tutoring skills are a plus;
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art);
- Experience with game editors and engines is considered a plus;
- Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition);
- Ability to create technical documentation;
- Knowledge and Interest in the following tech-art areas:
- Rendering and Post-Effects
- Special FX
- Rigging and animation
- Physics simulations
- Fluency in English.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games.
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, the application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.