Technical Art Director (M/F)
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAA's and aims to offer the best gaming experiences for our players. Today, our studio counts more than 300 talents from 15 different nationalities and is working on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Rainbow Six, Beyond Good & Evil 2, but also on mobile games, as well as exciting technologies with Harbour team, our Ubisoft's online service group, and the Streaming team.
Here is an opportunity to join a stimulating, international, ambitious but friendly studio and work on our new, unannounced PVP Game!
The TD will oversee all technical aspects regarding characters (modeling, rigging, customization, performances, …).
As a Character TD, your main role and tasks are to:
- Determine the team’s technical needs to carry out the visions for the Game design, Artistic direction and Level design ;
- Work with modelers to create a model that meets technical needs
- Develop and find the best tools and methods to improve and make teamwork easier;
- Collaborate with animators to design motion controls
- Coordinate and act as a contact between the modeling team and the programming team;
- Produce documentation on tools, methods, training, processes, and engine constraints for future reference and consultation
- Excellent knowledge in Modelling video game assets
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Max Script, Python and C#;
- Extensive knowledge of game engine limitations and production needs
- Phone Interview
- Interview with our internal teams
- Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer. According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.