YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
Reporting to the Producer, the Technical Director will create and deliver the title in co-production with Ubisoft Studio worldwide, leveraging on key technology and design breakthrough.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Technology & Project Management
- Prepare, plan and execute the strategy for the console generation change.
- Define and promote what the Next Generation AAA experience will be. Make this vision happen.
- Define the technology that is the most adapted to the project; understand the engine, the middle ware and their constraints
- With the Leads, manage the development progress and identify the programming tasks and time estimates
- Ensure that the game is being built with the right methodology and best coding practices, tech briefs, code reviews and keeping in mind long term quality and potential future code sharing
- Identify project risks and the contingency plans to put in place with the team
- Align the Singapore team with the team in other Ubisoft studio
- Propose and develop the best tools and dev processes to guarantee the team’s efficiency
- Ensuring the technology completion and success of each milestone targets
- Make regular internal communications and maintain a great team atmosphere
- Be the Gate Keeper of the project, particularly at the end of the project to ensure a good finish (Debugging, Optimization, TRCs etc.).
- Show exemplary commitment and communication style, even in critical situations
- Demonstrate leadership, charisma, enthusiasm and sense of commitment
- Manage the performance of the development team staff and manage his direct reports
- Ensures the recruiting, on-boarding, development and professional training of team
- Communicates the project plan to the team on regular basis
- Take the role of coach: inspire, motivate rather than directing
- Make sure each team leads define clear and challenging objectives to their team member
- Propose solutions to improve the development of the projects in the studio
- Identify and promote the application of best ideas
- Growing the studio competencies and awareness, defining the Platform architecture and specs the Group
- Share constructive experience internally and externally in the Group
WHAT YOU BRING
- At least 10 years leadership experience preferably in games
- Excellent leader and communicator; able to motivate, influence, and inspire at all levels
- Able to articulate a strong vision of technology as a means to customer value
- Relevant experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen consoles
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Opening its doors in July 2008, Ubisoft Singapore features the largest AAA studio in Southeast Asia and is home to a culture that celebrates serious fun and diversity. As proud innovators of naval gameplay and water technology, we’re super excited to be the lead studio in bringing a brand-new IP to you – Skull and Bones! Our other notable works include every Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed II, with our latest Viking adventure being Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.