In this role at Ubisoft Sherbrooke, you will lead a small game design team for which you will create and distribute tasks. You will also oversee its productivity and make sure it meets the deadlines and quality standards defined by the Project Lead (CP)/Production Manager (PM).
In charge of a part of the development of the game, you will supervise and validate the work of your team members. You will also coach them and offer training opportunities. Always a good listener, you’ll also know how to mobilize them and contribute to their well-being for the whole duration of the project.
What you’ll do
- Create, prioritize, assign and regularly follow up on tasks and their advancement with regards to deliverables.
- Represent your team.
- Organize and lead productive team meetings.
- Know the game’s story and gameplay and understand the technical/artistic constraints so as to be able to lead your team.
- Draft regular reports for the Project lead (CP)/Production manager (PM) on the advancement of your team’s work and recommend corrective measures whenever necessary to meet project objectives.
- Anticipate and recognize potential conflicts and recommend solutions to the Project lead (CP)/Production manager (PM) for your team.
- Be a mentor for team members in terms of technical/artistic aspects.
- Take part in performance assessments in collaboration with the Project lead (CP)/Production Manager (PM).
- Coordinate bug correction as it pertains to your team’s work.
- Help recruit new team members and ensure that new employees are well integrated.
What you bring
- College diploma in a video game-related field (or equivalent)
- Certification or experience in project management (an asset)
- Two to four years of experience in game design (or equivalent)
- Participation in at least one complete game production (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of the technical constraints of real time, 3D engines and level editors
- Knowledge of databases (like JIRA and Perforce) and of the MS Office suite (an asset)
- Leadership enabling you to build productive teams and assign tasks in an efficient way
- Great time and priority management skills benefiting your whole team
- Good collaboration, interpersonal, and communication skills (French and English)
- Resourcefulness and sense of initiative helping you find innovative solutions
- Stress and change management skills
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A portfolio of your best work (if applicable—attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
About Ubisoft Sherbrooke
Ubisoft Sherbrooke is a multidisciplinary team of passionate people. Joining us means being part of a close-knit and welcoming family. It also means working in a human-sized studio where flexibility and interaction are the order of the day. We care about our people and our way of doing things.
Between the magnificent nature that surrounds the studio and the trendy and invigorating life of the Estrie region, there's no need to compromise: family life, the outdoors, restaurants, outings with friends... joining Ubisoft Sherbrooke also means discovering an urban-casual lifestyle!
We're looking for committed creators and forward-looking talents who want to take on challenges as a team.
Interested? We're waiting for you!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.