Specialist Tester (Microsoft Certification)
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.
The Microsoft Compliance specialist tester will oversee the support of console standards. The incumbent must ensure that the game meets all of the manufacturer’s Xbox requirement standards.
The main and routine tasks of the specialist tester are to:
- Methodically verify each XR standard;
- Advise production teams on XR standard use;
- Read, assess and verify the return reports from the manufacturer;
- Effectively identify the rules for reproducing bugs;
- Provide detailed descriptions of the issues and reproduction rules;
- Based on the XR, provide a clear and detailed solution to the issues;
- Follow up on the issues compiled in the database;
- Draft reports on the tests that are carried out and update the test documents provided by the certification specialist team lead (validation grid, testcase, etc.);
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- High school diploma;
- Training in video game testing,
- 1-2 year' experience in compliance testing
- Experience in customer service or human resources an asset
- General QA/QC testing an asset
- Excellent communication skills (French and English, spoken and written);
- Knowledge of SDK and console-specific tools;
- Knowledge of the Office suite;
- Basic knowledge of programming logic an asset.
- Focus on customer needs;
- Sharp observation skills;
- Ability to collaborate and advise ;
- Sense of initiative;
- Ability to work as part of a team and alone interchangeably.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.