Software Tester for Web Applications
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Ubisoft’s Data Analytics Department, DNA, is an important technology partner for game production, marketing and business teams. We develop tools, middleware and online solutions used all around Ubisoft. We also provide advisory services for production teams, marketing experts and business analysts that require an external viewpoint on challenges for which we have the necessary technical expertise.
The DNA Software Test Team is comprised of tech-savvy individuals with a great passion for testing and quality. We work in a fast-paced environment, on a wide range of niche tools used for game development and data analysis.
Your main mission:
- Find and report bugs;
- Elaborate/write test cases for the applications, based on requirements and ensure coverage for the functionality tests of the products;
- Create and run test plans for different testing stages;
- Compose version tests and write activity reports;
- Communicate efficiently with peers across the globe;
- Challenge the development team on the quality and usability of new features that are developed;
- Assist in the preparation of training material.
What You’ll Bring as Experience :
- You are familiar with software testing principles and working methodologies;
- Basic understanding of Object-Oriented Programming or Scripting Languages;
- Good knowledge of bug tracking tools (JIRA, DevTrack, HP ALM, Bugzilla, Hansoft, Mantis, YouTrack), colaborative developmente tools (Confluence) and test management tools (TestRail, qTest, Microsoft Test Manager, DevTest, QA Complete, Zephyr, HP ALM Quality Center, TestLink);
- Experience with Postman, SoapUI, Telerik Test Studio, Selenium, JMeter, Katalon or other simillar testing tools;
- Good knowledge of API testing;
- Experience with web applications;
- Excellent communication skills and strong work ethics;
- Proactive work manner;
- Excellent English skills.
Nice to have:
- University Graduate in a relevant field (such as Automation and Computer Science) will be a plus;
- Some experience with source code management / repository management tools, such as GitLab, Perforce, Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio Team Services , TeamWork, Vault, Bazaaris, it’s a plus;
- Previous experience with Behavior Driven Development languages, like Gherkin, and tools, such as Cucumber or Behave, is a big plus.
But most of all, we are in need of involved individuals who are looking to learn and develop professionally.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.