Social Media Intern
**Please note that this position is ONLY available for students who are seeking a co-op and internship position (4-8 months) as part of their studies.
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For Honor™ and Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and a new technology that seamlessly blends physical and digital gameplay. In 2020, Ubisoft Toronto led the development of the newest game in the Watch Dogs franchise – Watch Dogs: Legion. Ubisoft Toronto received praise for the tech and design work, for creating the first game in which you can play as anyone in an open world, and for its rich and detailed rendition of a future London. Now, in 2021, Ubisoft Toronto is on the verge of shipping Far Cry 6, the most ambitious Far Cry game to date, featuring the talented Giancarlo Esposito. We’re also kicking off new projects and we can’t wait to share more details once we’re ready.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling industry-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where teams embrace innovative ideas and share knowledge with a genuine collaborative spirit.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
On being a Social Media Intern at Ubisoft Toronto Working directly with Communications and Creative Services teams, the successful candidate is a strong communicator with a keen interest in developing their talent. You want to be part of a creative, dynamic, and innovative environment at Ubisoft Toronto, and come equipped with a fresh perspective and appreciation for corporate culture and social media. You have experience publishing content on a variety of platforms (Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.), have an understanding of analytics and what drives engagement, as well as the desire to share the fruits of our collective efforts through reporting.
You will learn from a diverse and experience team, working as part of Communications, with a focus on content marketing and production. You will contribute to graphic design and video briefs, assist on-set for video shoots, and help strategize campaigns and deliverables for all Ubisoft communication channels.
Type of Position: Full-time, paid internship
Length of internship: 4-8+ months, 8+ months preferred
Start Time: September 2021
Location: Hybrid (remote AND in-studio work)
Eligibility: These positions are ONLY available to students who are seeking a co-op or internship position as part of their studies.
The daily life of a Social Media Intern at Ubisoft Toronto
- Work with the Creative Services and Content Marketing teams to ideate and execute compelling communication strategies.
- Craft compelling copy with a variety of audiences and platforms in mind.
- Publish deliverables on various channels, leveraging platform-specific best practices as determined by Content Marketing.
- Prepare regular reports with analytics, key findings, and recommendations for refinement.
- Act on feedback from various and multiple stakeholders as needed.
- Learn on the job while staying on top of the latest trends and techniques for video production.
- Contribute creative solutions to partners’ projects and/or implement suggestions from others.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
What it takes to make it
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of various social media platforms and their respective areas of opportunity.
- Intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or similar graphic design software.
- Open to direction, accepts feedback, and acts on it.
- Able to work independently in both office and work from home environments.
- Demonstrate creativity, originality, and resourcefulness when searching for solutions.
- Brings a positive attitude and desire to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our individuality helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
We host regular team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and offer various health and wellness initiatives including yoga, on-site occupational therapy, flexible work hours, and continuing programs to promote a balanced life. Join us and see for yourself why Ubisoft is rated one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People multiple years running!
At Ubisoft Toronto, we believe diversity is our studio’s biggest strength. We’re committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community and is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
We encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, neurodivergent people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for?
Ubisoft Toronto is committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.