Site Reliability Engineer
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin’s Creed® titles since Assassin’s Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) is responsible of Ops and development tasks such as level 4 support and the implementation of highly scalable Game infrastructure. The SRE is working as the Infra services integrator that enables the production to build Games using principals of cloud-Native, DevOps and continuous Delivery. The SRE has a good development background with knowledge of infrastructure and automation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Designing and/or implementing a highly scalable Cloud and Bare Metal server and network infrastructure
- Share responsibility and ownership of game functions and services with developers who create them
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks (“toil”)
- Consulting on the game's software and data architecture to ensure maximum infrastructure scalability
- Ensuring reliability and consistency of game data
- Work with developers to develop adequate monitoring and monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards
- Reduce the cost of failure for changes
- Define prescriptive ways to measure reliability
- A baccalaureate degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience with software development or 5+ years of automation focused system administration with Hybrid hosting solutions.
- Experience in one or more of the following is a plus: C, C++, C#, Java, Python, Go or Ruby.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Self-driven, be slightly paranoid about system stability
- Be able to teach fundamental principles to other engineers/experts.
- Skill in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations
- Ability to make complex information accessible to non-technical people
- In-depth knowledge of Linux system internals and operating system design
- In-depth understanding of Public Cloud providers (GCP, AWS) and Openstack platform
- In-depth knowledge on CI/CD, Gitlab, Change management
- In-depth knowledge on Infrastructure orchestration with Terraform
- Proficient knowledge in orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Proficient knowledge in Configuration Management tools such as Saltstack, Chef, Puppet & Ansible
- Proficient knowledge in Dashboards (Grafana), Alerting and Monitoring system
- Proficient knowledge in Promotheus
- Proficient knowledge in VictoriaMetrics
- Proficient knowledge in relational database systems like MySQL
- Proficient knowledge in document storage systems like MongoDB
- Proficient knowledge in Redis/PostGreSQL
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.