(Closed) Server Developer
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs ,Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the Unknown.
Ubisoft Halifax is looking for our newest addition to our growing Programming Team! As a Server Developer you will work closely with the Lead or Server Architect as well as a team of Server Developers to build and maintain the backend services that keep our active games running smoothly!
Our Studio is looking for an enthusiastic developer to integrate within our welcoming studio. The successful candidate will bring their own curiosity, ingenuity, and passion for technology to a small, diverse, and close-knit team!
- Work with the your Lead to understand and implement full-stack web applications, features, and infrastructure.
- Help Guide and develop junior developers in 'best practices' and server development processes.
- Translate designs and technical documentation into working code and REST API's or web services.
- Set-up, deploy, monitor, and maintain environments for teams responsible for online micro-services in the cloud and our cloud-based datacenters.
- Respond to incident reports and follow best practices for addressing live issues.
- Develop and maintain new RESTful API's for use by the client development team to meet feature goals.
- Play an integral role in the development of applicable Web-based administration tools and dashboards.
- Collaborate with team members on the development and improvement of processes/tools to be used throughout the Programming Department.
- A graduate degree/diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years professional experience in an applicable software development or server admin role.
- Excellent knowledge of general network concepts and technologies (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, Routing, Firewalls, Proxies, etc.).
- A passion for quality software architecture and best practices.
- Experience developing or working with cloud-based services
(AWS, Google Cloud,).
- A working knowledge in web frameworks (preferably React, Spring Boot, and Node.js).
- A strong capability working in Data Structure and Algorithms.
- Strong skills in database architecture and administration (SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB,).
- A demonstrated track-record of critical thinking, resourcefulness, and flexibility!
- A demonstrated knowledge of network terminologies (e.g. DNS, Firewalls, Proxies, TCP/UDP, etc.).
- Experience using or managing a variety of open-source technologies, databases, tools, etc.
- A knowledge in Linux System administration and automating/configuring/managing with popular tools like Chef, Ansible, or Puppet.
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD Processes and Cloud Services.
- Experience with DynamoDB, EC2, IAM, Cognito, S3, Lamda, CloudFront, ACM, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Kinesis, Prometheus, Grafana, Terraform.
- Competitive salary scale
- Additional paid time off over the Christmas/New Year Holidays
- Affordable Gym membership
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care.
- Flexible Work Hours and a healthy work/life balance
- The ability to work alongside an international and diverse team
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge Accepted? Join us and create the unknown!
Our studio is located in the heart of the city (Halifax) within the historic and iconic Keith's Brewery Market. The Halifax Harbour is in view from our windows and lunch breaks can be spent on the boardwalk or at one of the many restaurants and cafes that populate the downtown core. The studio culture is dynamic, with communication happening constantly between teams with an emphasis on team-building and collaboration!
We Value Diversity!
Here at Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to lend a helping hand. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.