Senior UX/UI Designer [Skull & Bones] (f/m/d)
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
Founded in 2018, Ubisoft Berlin has steadily grown to over 150 talented game developers. We collaborate on Far Cry 6 alongside international Ubisoft teams, and are also working on Skull & Bones – those are just two of our slate of projects, the others still to be announced.
We take an ambitious but humble approach to our goal of bringing AAA development to Germany. We commit ourselves to excellence: delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that make our players feel part of the worlds we have created.
We encourage real ownership within our teams – giving lots of trust and space for them to explore their creativity. The ultimate goal being to leave a positive mark in the lives of our players and the industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and exciting cities in the world!
As a UX/UI Designer, you will be working on the overall user experience of the game in all aspects and phases of production, you propose solutions to translate game design intentions into usable and memorable graphical user interfaces.
You will be providing UX/UI and Interaction design and documentation for various aspects of the game, UI Design system, and be a part of the implementation.
What you will do
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work on the UI design (Flows, Menus and HUDs) to meet design goals
- Create Prototypes and documentation
- Work closely with UX Specialists and Game Designers to create the structure and user journey of the game interfaces while ensuring to maintain a hierarchy of information and clear communication
- Work closely with UI artists and UI engineers to deliver the best possible consistent user experience while staying within the engine’s technical requirements
- Take an active role in implementation and feature delivery and test the integration of features in the game
- Actively participate in qualitative review meetings
- Iterate quickly based on feedback from users or raised by the development team
What you bring
- Experience: you have a background in graphic design/interaction design/HCI related area. You have experience in a video game industry or equivalent, as a UX/UI Designer;
- Competency: you are efficient and methodical, and you understand the technical issues related to game development, particularly in terms of game engine/editors;
- Information: You are up to date with the latest UX/UI developments and you make a point of staying up to date. You are also aware of news and trends in the video game industry;
- You have a solid grasp of ergonomic principles applied to video games
- You are expert with prototyping and rapid iteration based on feedback received.
- You are proficient with prototyping tool such as Axure, Adobe XD, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator (or other software for creating functional flowcharts, wireframes or mock-ups).
- You have basic knowledge of programming or scripting;
- Team player: you like to work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team with varied profile and from different studios. You are able to communicate effectively with individuals with varied profiles in English
- Resources: you are motivated by learning new internal tools and you are not discouraged by regular change;
- Strong compositing skills, experiences with video editing tools (After Effects, Premiere, etc…) and are the capability of integrating motion graphics or videos into the UI design
We aim to have a wide and diverse range of profiles within our studio; thus, we are looking forward to being surprised by your application. The most important quality for us is to be a strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude.
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels at home. We believe people do their best work when you give them ownership and trust. In return, we expect our teams to practice self-responsibility – continuing to develop their skills and with a growth mindset. We know how critical it is for our teams to feel comfortable and with that in mind, we provide a variety of benefits which we hope helps you settle into your life in Berlin:
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, experts and in-house library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 'care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.