(Closed) Senior Technical Mission Designer
Red Storm Entertainment is looking for an innovative and creative technical mission designer to join a world-class team creating AAA VR for a world-renowned brand. This position will challenge you to design and deliver best-in-class missions in the emerging VR field, alongside a multi-disciplinary team. Job responsibilities include: assisting in defining, developing, and communicating consistent mission design approach and practices; providing clear design goals and feedback for team members; developing gameplay prototypes; and working with technical teams to ensure support for desired gameplay experiences.
- Master the procedure for creating worlds, progression systems, and 3Cs
- Act as a technical expert on the topic and ensure the tools, documents, technical support and determination and dissemination of best practices (with the approval of the design TD)
- Propose tool and pipeline improvements
- Create and maintain technical documentation for mission development tools.
- As an expert user, help test new features and tools before they are deployed to the rest of the team
- Contribute to data optimization and validation by ensuring that colleagues comply with the technical standards that apply in the area of expertise, in keeping with budget constraints
- Carry out production tasks as a game or level designer and prototype the gameplay features during game design
- Apply technical guidelines for level and game design (best practices)
- Competitive Analysis – Periodically play and complete analysis of relevant competitor’s games and features.
- Take part in advanced data debugging until production has ended
- 3 years of design or technical design experience
- Credit on one or more published titles
- Knowledge of games in many genres across all platforms
- Ability to effectively document original ideas and concepts
- Experience with node-based gameplay scripting
- Deep passion for games as a craft
- VR development experience
- Experience with a scripting language such as C# or Lua
- Experience tuning data values in editor tools
- Knowledge of Unity Engine
- Subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible work schedule
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is one of the world's biggest creators, publishers and distributors of videogames and interactive services. The group has a broad portfolio of internationally renowned brands such as Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six...
Supported by a worldwide network of studios and distribution subsidiaries, the teams at Ubisoft are dedicated to offering players original and unforgettable game experiences on all popular platforms, including consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.