(Closed) Senior Technical Artist [Beyond Good and Evil 2] (f/m/d)
Beyond Good & Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG and set in the same universe as Ubisoft’s original cult classic. Join the crew at Ubisoft Mainz and help us create the best possible experience for our players.
As Senior Technical Artist you will leverage knowledge of multiple disciplines within technical art to develop, document and support the game art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams on the project.
The main and routine functions of the Senior Technical Artist are to:
- Stay up to date on trends and methodologies in current and future graphics software and hardware to develop early planning of tools and processes
- Participate in the development of technology road maps for the specific needs of the project
- Maintain a balance between the creative vision of the projects and the technical budget restraints
- Be aware of potential risks to the project and bring it to the attention of management
- Collaborate with team leads to identify and develop art production processes and technologies that meet artists’ needs for creating high quality art with limited resources
- Set and share best practices within the group
- Be a point of contact for the team in relation to technical art and find solutions to complex issues that arise
- Optimize content for memory and performance gains
- Efficiently communicate and support messages from management
- Assist in the development of training programs for artists as and when they are required
- Provide feedback and advise team members on the project
- Be involved in the development and rendering of artwork, models, animations and textures as and when required
- Support the Lead Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties
What it takes to make it
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training
- 5 years’ minimum experience in technical art or other relevant experience
- Shipped at least 1 game within the technical art discipline; preferably full cycle on a ‘AAA’ console title
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding and history of proficiency in using 3D graphics software such as 3DS Max, Maya etc. ideally on an advanced scripting level
- Knowledge of data management software (such as perforce)
- Knowledge of platform strengths and limitations
- Good knowledge of multiple art and animation pipelines
- Knowledge of different hardware architecture
- Working knowledge of scripting/programming using languages such as Max Script, Python, C Sharp etc.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of video bit rates, compression methods and other associated processes is desirable
- Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art
Artists should enclose a portfolio or link to an online portfolio to their application. As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be asked to perform an art test.
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, your portfolio, a cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us.
About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2.