Senior Technical Animator
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Annecy is currently looking for a Senior Technical Animator to join a team working on a new AAA game. Your daily mission will be :
- Work with animation team, code and design to achieve look and feel of desired animations style in-game;
- Develop, adapt and implement the animation pipeline to be used in production in accordance with the project’s technical constraints;
- Follows animation technical directives and delivers technical support to the team, thereby helping to solve bugs;
- Participates in the development and documentation of animation tools;
- Participates in the training of animators on the selected tools and methods and supports the integration of animations into the game engine
- Aptitude for client-oriented problem solving in a highly dynamic & collaborative environment;
- Large experience and knowledge of the following:
- Animation fundamentals, skinning & rigging;
- Scripting languages and programming concepts (Python, C#, MaxScript);
- 3D software (3DSMax, Maya);
- Animation software (Motionbuilder);
- Data management software (Perforce);
- Production tools (JIRA);
- Experience with animation trees and state machines;
- Knowledge in motion capture solutions;
- Experience in development of a character action game;
- Shipping experience is a "must".
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development