Senior Software Engineer
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ super-powered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
The Battle.net & Online Products E-commerce team handles millions of transactions spanning the globe for the StarCraft, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and Overwatch franchises. Have you ever wondered what happens when you make a purchase in Hearthstone? Are you curious about what happens during a game launch where millions of customers unlock access to games, features, upgrades, and more? We're the team that provides the platform that powers all those features and more.
As a software engineer on the E-commerce Payments team, you will a join group of engineers dedicated to building a global platform allowing our fans world-wide to experience Blizzard content. You will be a part of our continuing efforts to evolve our order acquisition and payment pipelines to keep up with an ever-changing commerce landscape. You will also be exposed to the inner-workings of the online and mobile payment spaces. In this role you will not only be writing code but taking the reins of projects across all phases of our SDLC.
- Design and implement new features for purchasing, inventory management, and payment processing on our cross-platform e-commerce system, including integrations with second and third parties.
- Collaborate with multiple development teams ensuring proper designs and integrations.
- Be a part of the implementation and maintenance of our infrastructure
- Monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot performance across all tiers.
- Support and improve live production service
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution
- A minimum of 5 years professional front and back end software engineering experience.
- A solid foundation in Java, C#, or another object-oriented language.
- Hands-on experience working with a Single Page Application framework such as React, Angular, or Vue.
- Strong CS fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Experience with web services, messaging middleware, security, micro-services, and n-tier architectures
- Understanding of scalable and highly concurrent server architecture design
- Familiarity with testing practices, including regression, acceptance, functional, and load testing
- Shown knowledge of data-modeling and RDBMS development practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- AWS experience (DynamoDB , Lambdas, ECS, S3, ELB, EC2)
- Familiarity with the Spring Framework
- Experience with Docker or other container platforms
- Experience with billing and payment systems
- Linux experience
- Passion for technology and video games
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!