(Closed) Senior Server Developer
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs ,Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the Unknown.
Ubisoft Halifax is looking for a new addition to our Programming Team! As a Senior Server Developer, you will guide and work closely with our team of server developers to design, build and maintain the back-end services that keep our popular titles running smoothly.
Our Studio is looking for an enthusiastic developer who loves games as much as the technology that drives them. This person will integrate their demonstrated track record of curiosity, ingenuity, an ongoing devotion to personal development, into a small, diverse and close-knit team.
- Work with client-side stakeholders to plan and design service architectures which meet the needs of our live mobile games.
- Help guide and inspire junior/intermediate developers in 'best practices' and server-development.
- Set-up, deploy, monitor, and maintain environments for teams responsible for online micro-services in the cloud and our datacenter.
- Implement tools and workflows to facilitate the safe and controlled deployment of services.
- Set-up and improve incident management processes as required.
- Develop and maintain new RESTful APIs for use by the client development team to meet feature goals!
- Play an integral role in the development of applicable Web-based administration tools and dashboards.
- Collaborate with team members for the development and improvement of processes and tools to be used across our Programming Department!
- A graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience;
- A minimum of five (5) years professional experience within an applicable programming role.
- Experience with a technical leadership or "primary contact" role within a backend development team.
- Senior-level knowledge of general network concepts and technologies (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, Routing, Proxies, Firewalls, etc.).
- Experience developing cloud Software Services (AWS/Google Cloud).
- A Working knowledge in web frameworks (preferably Spring Boot/Node.js)
- A Strong capability working in Data Structure and Algorithms.
- Highly competent in working autonomously as well as within a team.
- Experience developing service operations and an understanding of design for scalability.
- A solution-oriented and client-centric mindset.
- A demonstrated track-record of critical thinking, resourcefulness, and as needed flexibility.
- Excellent skills in database architecture and administration (SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB,).
- Experience with DynamoDB, EC2, IAM, Cognito, S3, Lamda, CloudFront, ACM, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Kinesis, Grafana, Prometheus.
- Experience with container technology; Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD Processes and Cloud Services.
- A demonstrated knowledge of Network Terminologies (e.g., DNS, Routing, Firewalls, Proxies, TCP/UDP,).
- Experience using or managing a variety of open-source technologies, databases, tools, etc.
- Knowledge in Linux system administration and in automating/configuring/managing with popular tools like Chef, Ansible, or Puppet.
- Cursory Knowledge of microservice development in Go.
- Competitive salary scale
- Additional paid time off over the Christmas/New Year Holidays
- Affordable Gym membership
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care.
- Flexible Work Hours and a healthy work/life balance
- The ability to work alongside an international and diverse team
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge Accepted? Join us and create the unknown!
Our studio is located in the heart of the city (Halifax) within the historic and iconic Keith's Brewery Market. The Halifax Harbour is in view from our windows and lunch breaks can be spent on the boardwalk or at one of the many resturants and cafes that populate the downtown core. The studio culture is dynamic and cooperative, with communication between teams and an emphasis on team-building!
We Value Diversity!
Here at Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to lend a helping hand. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.