Senior Props Artist M/F
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborative peers, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Ubisoft Annecy currently is looking for a Senior Props Artist (M/F) to join our teams in charge of developing AAA games.
You will join the project's Art team, you will participate in the modeling of "props" and the creation of their textures according to the guidelines of the Lead Level Artist and the Artistic Direction while respecting the artistic, technical and gameplay constraints.
Your main missions will be:
- The production of realistic and high-quality assets (objects and textures) that meet the expectations of a AAA Ubisoft game.
- The integration of objects, textures in a home game editor like Unreal, Unity ...
- Ensure the technical and artistic follow-up of the assets imported into the game and make the necessary modifications.
Minimum 4-5 years experience in video games as a Props Artist or 3D Modeler.
- Control of constraints related to real-time geometry
- Mastery of realistic style
- Excellent knowledge of modeling tools such as 3DSMAX, Autodesk Maya, Blender, Zbrush (UV layouts, retopology)
- Mastery of the PBR Pipeline for the creation of textures (Substance Painter/Photoshop, baking tools)
- Model and texture realistic, modular, and hard-surface assets that meet the global art direction needs
- Work from photo reference and concepts during production of assets.
- Good understanding of balancing quality standards and game performance in a game engine
- Comfortable creating 4k resolution game assets
- Good artistic ability and observational skills
- Versatility, responsiveness, autonomy and initiative
- Ability to work in a team, good communication skills
- Open to feedback and adaptable
- Ability to work under constraints of quality and time
- Good understanding of game mechanics related to objects and environments
- English spoken & written
- Passionate about video games
You think you can take up the challenge? Please submit a CV and cover letter.
Position available in October-2020 at Annecy, in the French Alps!
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development