Senior Network Gameplay Programmer
Ubisoft Singapore is one of the top game development studios in the APAC region. Part of Ubisoft’s global network of studios, we’ve been creating memorable gaming experiences in Singapore since 2008. With over 30+ different nationalities, we are a diverse bunch of creatives redefining the world of digital entertainment for millions of players across the globe.
The network programmer develops the game’s low level network features, the multiplayer engine and optimize the performance.
- Design, implement and maintain network solutions to keep players synchronized while mitigating risk of cheating and griefing.
- Identify potential issues within the code, raise flags and propose solutions.
- Seek out and correct the network bugs identified by people from other teams and the quality control team;
- Program in a clear and structured way, taking performance, maintenance, and compatibility requirements into account;
- Validate and verify whether the newly developed network systems meet the specific requirements of the project and are coherent with the existing code. Optimize if necessary;
- Support the functionalities and network systems designed for production;
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organizing and planning their own work; and
- Document the work so as to transfer knowledge and ensure that users (from other teams) understand how to use the new network systems and functionalities.
- At least 5 years’ experience in video game development;
- Strong C/C++ programming skills;
- Excellent debugging skills in a multiplayer environment;
- Familiar with multiplayer concepts like Prediction, Replication, Bandwidth and Session management.
- Experience with Online services integration (matchmaking, leaderboards, etc…)
- Attention to detail;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to adapt to change;
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!