(Closed) Senior Multiplayer Game Designer
Ubisoft is composed of over 17,000 talented people located in 40+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing studio in San Francisco.
SENIOR MULTIPLAYER GAME DESIGNER
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
What you'll do
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated and experienced person for a new unannounced AAA project, based in our San Francisco studio. The Multiplayer Game Designer collaborates with design, engineering, and animation teams to create a fun and immersive experience that fulfills the creative vision and desired gaming experiences.
- Understand the high level vision of the game and be able to translate the vision into gameplay systems designed that can be used by everyone to build all of the experiences in the game
- Rapidly prototype gameplay systems within the engine to test out new ideas, gameplay systems, and modes
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to build towards the definition of gameplay standards for the experience and guide the incorporation of the standards into holistic gameplay
- Continue to iterate on gameplay systems throughout the project phases from concept to final
- Rapidly respond to and iterate on team and player feedback Proactively identify issues reducing the ability of the team to do their best work
- Mentor or manage one or more game designers directly
What you'll bring
- Been through one complete development cycle of a modern AAA PVP FPS product from concept to ship
- Conceived and built FPS PVP gameplay systems that have shipped in at least one or more modern FPS games
- Understand and can articulate the fundamentals of game design as it relates to modern PVP FPS games
- Has the ability and desire to mentor other game designers in the fundamentals of game design
- Can take the high level vision of the game and translate it into game design that matches the vision
- Worked together with multi-disciplinary development teams
- Acted as a product owner/lead/manager of the development of gameplay systems, coordinating tasks and working with team members
What you'll get
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and esports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after five years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status and will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.