Senior Manager, HR Business Partner
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Join a great place to work and shape the future of games. Join us and create the unknown.
Ubisoft is looking for a Senior Manager, HR Business Partner who brings a unique and diverse perspective to our business and human resources processes. This position reports into the Sr. Director, HR. This position works closely with the business to provide hands-on, credible, and compassionate support.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Serve as a trusted advisor and Business Partner for Marketing and Operations teams. Manage all HR efforts for assigned teams and offer counsel and leadership
- Collaborate with the Global HR team providing advice and feedback regarding the design and rollout of programs and initiatives. Localize HR strategies and programs ensuring they are aligned and relevant to NCSA business goals
- Play an active role facilitating and driving change throughout the organization
- Assess and understand changing HR trends and adjust HR strategies accordingly
- Develop strong relationships and build trust across all levels of the organization
- Manage and provide mentorship to two (2) HR Business Partners and an HR Coordinator
- Manage immigration matters from start to completion (L-1 visas, H-1B visas, green cards, etc.)
- Partner with external vendors and Legal Department to review Master Service Agreements, Letters of Engagement and SOWs
- Proactively use relevant HR metrics and reporting to help make business decisions and influence change
- Drive culture of positive engagement, to include diversity & inclusion, learning & development, talent management, coaching, effective employee relations, conflict management, and dispute resolution
- Assist the Company in establishing and promoting our corporate culture by working with Corporate Communications in the development and distribution of internal communications and putting on regular company meetings and events
- Manage HR employee lifecycle processes across business groups including participating in the selection of candidates, performance management, talent development and the on-boarding and off-boarding of employees
- Support or lead special and cross functional projects as needed. Additional responsibilities as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- Previous experience as an HR Business Partner in a fast-paced environment required
- Previous experience in a management role with eye towards mentoring/developing staff required
- Working knowledge of HR laws and city, state, and federal regulations
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Ability to effectively present information to all levels throughout the organization
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and willingness to take on additional tasks, with the ability to plan, prioritize and meet timelines
- Experience with facilitating trainings a plus
- Experience with an international company preferred
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical, and eSports challenge reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.