(Closed) Senior Manager, Esports
The Ubisoft esports team leads the competitive strategy internally and develops programs that inspire and engage players. Our goal is to create a competitive environment where, in and out of game, we are able to connect via meaningful player journeys and fan experiences alongside the pursuit of strategic initiatives leveraging esports. We are also charged with educating and informing internal teams at Ubisoft about esports; we are the advocates of competitive gaming and subject matter experts.
The Senior Esports Manager is a key lead member of the esports team and takes part in developing, implementing, executing and reporting on our competitive strategy and tactics. This role works closely with internal cross-functional business teams, brand, development/studio and marketing teams as well as our external partners and vendors to ensure the success of our programs. You will deliver engaging in-game features and content, world-class on and offline events as well as program marketing and supporting community growth and activity.
What you’ll do
- Development of strategic business plans for franchise esports programs
- Design and implementation and support of owned and partnered esports programs across Ubisoft's portfolio of titles
- Partner with development teams to influence and design in-game esports features and functionality
- Esports program management including coordination with key stakeholders, cross functional teams, vendors and partners
- Creative lead on esports program broadcasts and player/ecosystem storytelling
- Tournament operations and administration management
- Live event logistics, staffing and support
- Integration of partners and sponsorships
- Management and production of internal reports of activity and KPI tracking
What you bring
A Senior Esports Manager is a passionate and engaging person that lives gaming. You are meticulously organized and amazing at project management; your skills at moving multiple tasks to completion are legendary. As an influential people-person, your interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and inspire others are second nature.
To be outstanding in this role, an Senior Esports Manager should
- Be a motivated, self-starter with 3-5 years experience in esports, and 10+ years of experience in gaming, entertainment or traditional sports programs
- Possess excellent leadership, communication and management skills
- Have a deep comprehension of the various components that make up an esports program and be conversationally adept in them, including business management, brand management, software and application development, game design, event management, content development, competitive structure and rulesets, player and team management and broadcast production
- Maintain awareness of industry and related trends and best practices to identify opportunities to leverage or improve our programs
- Demonstrate a track record of defining strategies in esports, entertainment or traditional sports industries
- Extensive gaming experience across multiple platforms and genres
- Ability for moderate to frequent travel, including international destinations
- Bilingual (French and English)
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.