Senior Level Artist [Avatar] (f/m/d)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege", "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", "Beyond Good & Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", "The Settlers", "Anno" and many more.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for a motivated and passionate Senior Level Artist that aspires to take games to the next level. In ambitious projects you will build up and maintain high-value productions as Developer in a multi-cultural team. With your experience, you are able to provide a strong technical background, collaborate with teams all around the world and support the team to create a great online services suite for Ubisoft Games (including AAA Games)!
This position requires relocation to the Düsseldorf studio (after Germany's borders re-open).
We are looking for a Senior Level artist to help bring to life the vibrant and dynamic world of Pandora; the world created by James Cameron in his blockbuster movie "Avatar". This AAA game requires someone creative and versatile to help dress the sets and bring the landscape to life. A crucial part of the team, you will be working with the level designers and environment artists to fulfill the mandates of the studio and create an unforgettable experience for our players.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the games industry
- At least two shipped commercial AAA title
- A keen eye for composition, proportion, and sense of scale
- Strong ability to tell stories through level art and propping scenes
- Skilled in creating mood and atmosphere for game environments (lighting, composition etc.)
- Solid understanding of industry-standard 3D modelling packages as well as texture & material creation workflows
- Ability to optimize the game world to meet performance requirements
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results in time
- Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of your project with a high degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Very good modeling and digital sculpting skills are a plus (Maya, 3DSMax, Zbrush, Mudbox)
- Knowledge of Substance Designer / Painter is a plus
- Experience with outsourcing is a plus
- Creation of high-quality assets and scenes
- Close collaboration with the Art team and the Level Design team to develop an exceptional player experience
- Asset briefing, prototyping and final propping of in-game scenes with a focus on mood and environmental storytelling
- Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
- Scene management, asset integration and performance optimization
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of natural and realistic environments scenes
- Examples of mood and lighting
- Examples of environmental storytelling
- Examples of style variety