Senior Lead Rendering Programmer
Ubisoft Singapore is one of the top game development studios in the APAC region. Part of Ubisoft’s global network of studios, we’ve been creating memorable gaming experiences in Singapore since 2008. With over 30+ different nationalities, we are a diverse bunch of creatives redefining the world of digital entertainment for millions of players across the globe.
As a Senior Lead Rendering Programmer, your role is to:
- Participate in the definition of the technical orientations of the game.
- Act as a technical reference for a part of the project, solve complex technical challenges and manage the technical performance for the game.
- Work closely with other Technical Leads, Lead Programmers, Software Architect… to ensure and maximize the efficiency of the systems.
- Own the rendering implementation in the scimitar engine for the Liberty project and to support the team and ensure the success of the game
- Manage quality and stability of the engine and the game experience
- Setup and drive a productive rendering team
- Manage the realization of the game vision within the constraints of the tech and platforms by working with the Creative team.
- Manage engine tasks scope & timeline management (i.e. managing “feature creep” vs. added value for the game)
- Align engine progs and other team members involved
- The role has a major emphasis on creativity, implementation & communication.
- 10+ years programming experience.
- Leadership Qualities, Track Record in managing a sizable team.
- Shipped at least 2 games as rendering engineer
- Relevant experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen consoles
- Mastery of C/C++, with excellent multi-threaded programming techniques.
- Strong understanding of 3D rendering algorithms and related mathematics.
- Excellent knowledge of DirectX and OpenGL.
- Excellent knowledge of HLSL/Cg.
- Bachelors in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent.
- Fluency in Assembly and SIMD programming.
- Deep understanding of low-level optimizations and core subsystems, memory management, cross-platform development.
- Expertise on at least one major platform
- Experience using game development frameworks and middleware.
- Self-direction, focus, results-oriented thinking, resourceful problem-solving skills.
- Strong communications skills
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!