Senior HR Business Partner
In 2016, Ubisoft Philippines opened as the first and only AAA game development studio in the country. Since then, the studio has grown to around 150 professionals, co-developing the following flagship franchises: Assassin's Creed (AC): Odyssey, AC: Origins, AC III Remaster, AC Liberation and AC Rogue on Nintendo Switch, For Honor, Skull & Bones, The Crew 2 and more upcoming unannounced projects.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher, and distributor of interactive entertainment and services in the world. We are located in the emerging central business district in the South of Manila, with a lush, green, family-friendly ecosystem. Our building is within DLSU Laguna, our partner university whom we have been working closely with in the creation of Video Game Development courses, training developers of the future. Through partnerships in the academe and active involvement in events, we aim to continue growing the game dev industry in the Philippines and South East Asia.
Ready to tackle new challenges and take entertainment to the next level?
Join us and Create the Unknown.
The HR Business Partner plays the vital role of providing guidance and support on a wide range of strategic and operational HR issues.
You will work closely with leaders and team members of the project to foster a vibrant, friendly work environment that promotes strong collaboration, creativity, high performance and continuous learning.
Business Partner Responsibilities
- Assess and anticipate human resources-related needs
- Assist in making travel arrangements for the team - coordinates schedules, travel itineraries, flight arrangements, accommodations etc.
- Identify training needs and create or procure professional development curriculum.
- Evaluate and monitor training programs to ensure that training objectives are met
- Provide input on workforce and succession planning as well as business unit restructuring
- Develop and nurture partnerships through human resources to bridge the divide between management and employees
- Maintain awareness of the culture, plans, financial position, and competition of the business units under the HR purview
- Recommends HR solutions, drives initiatives, implements new processes or tools in support of business priorities, project operations and overall team engagement.
- Effectively communicate and provide guidance regarding human resources and company policies to the team
- Meets with project leaders and managers regularly to update on HR initiatives, discuss HR issues and collect feedback on team concerns.
- Consult regularly with management and provide guidance when appropriate
- Collaborate with colleagues in the human resources department to develop policies, programs, and solutions.
- Analyze data trends and metrics to inform business decisions
- Assist in mediation and resolution of employee relations issues; conduct thorough and objective investigations when necessary
- Find ways to build morale, improve workplace relationships, and boost productivity and retention
- Ensure regulatory compliance with legal requirements pertinent to the day-to-day management of employees; collaborate with the legal department when necessary
- Provides friendly customer service to all staff ensuring accurate and timely advice is given on government documents, filing and related matters
- Assists in conducting team members’ performance reviews
- Assists employees during emergency conditions
- Attendance management and monitoring
- Assists in on boarding and roll-off procedures
- Maintains 201 files and other HR files
- Ensures all HR forms are available and up to date
- Assists employees during emergency conditions
- Processes payroll and ensures government dues are remitted on time
- Performs a variety of administrative or executive support tasks
- BS degree in Human Resources or related field
- Proven work experience as an HR business partner
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Analytical and goal oriented
- Ability to multitask and prioritize at all times, and challenge back when needed
- Demonstrable experience with HR metrics
- Thorough knowledge of labor legislation
- Full understanding of all HR functions and best practices
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our top priority are our people: Ubisoft offers a world-class working environment that facilitates collaboration, open communication, and fun.
We ensure our team receive the best training, regularly sending them to trips to other Ubisoft studios around the globe. We work hard, but we play hard too. With our monthly events, parties, regular video game tournaments, music and sports clubs, you can bet that we’re serious about fun!