Senior Gameplay Server Programmer
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world.
Located in Da Nang, Vietnam, a hotbed for tech and culture, and one of the best cities to live in Asia, the newest studio focuses on developing “Instant Games”, powered by HTML 5 technology, for several social platforms. This new playstyle has boomed significantly on social media on a worldwide scale boasting today millions of daily users. Ubisoft Da Nang is collaborating with several subsidiary studios to bring existing franchise on new mobile games and platforms.
By bringing the best creative and engineering talents from Vietnam, SEA and the World together, and allowing them to thrive in a dynamic and modern international work and living environment, Ubisoft Da Nang is the place to be to begin your journey in game development or take the big next step in your career.
As a Senior Gameplay Server Programmer, you will:
- Develop the backend and client-side logic for realtime multiplayer social-quality games
- Develop & support online services, integrate them into studio’s products
- Ensure server software scalable to support a high number of concurrent users
- Stay current on latest techniques and technologies of online programming including dead reckoning interpolation methodologies, latency robustness, etc.
- Create and maintain the game structure, persistency, communication and logic
- Constantly profile and optimize the server architecture, code, data structure, bandwidth, and memory and CPU usage
- Collaborate with development team to test and improve security-relevant components
- Design and optimize client/Server Communication
- Act as a responder to issues in the live environment
- Take initiative to improve coding quality guidelines, tools and methods, including unit testing, code analysis, build systems automation, deployment automation etc.
- Build an experience that unifies web and mobile
- Experience with one or more backend environments—NodeJS strongly desired.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role (real-time game server programming)
- Experience with client / server communication protocols such as Socket.io / Websockets (TCP/IP, UDP, etc)
- Solid math background a plus
- Ability come up with creative solutions (including gameplay-related) to solve net latency issues.
- Experience with RESTful style interfaces
- Proficiency with web-service architectures, technologies and security concepts
- Working knowledge of multiplayer debugging & optimization tools and techniques
- Knowledge of web programming - issues, frameworks and languages a plus
Why it's great to work at Ubisoft Danang:
- An international, professional, collaborative, modern and creative environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Performance rewards
- Free access to Ubisoft PC games
- Creative & endless fun projects
- Flexible working time
- Premium healthcare insurance
- Team building, Lunar New year Celebration, Projects celebration
- Beers and treats every Friday (yay!)
- Staff clubs
- Free in-house entertainment facilities (PS4, Switch, Arcade Machine…), coffee, tea and fresh fruits