Senior Gameplay Programmer
The successful candidate will work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment implementing gameplay features that meet the requirements of the project’s Lead Designer and Lead Programmer.
- Implement practical and timely solutions that meet the game design and technical requirements.
- Implement code that is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system.
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organizing and planning their own work.
- Ensure coding standards are followed, and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team.
- Maintain technical documentation for the engineering team as well as other disciplines.
- Optimize code and data for memory usage and performance as required.
- Write debugging tools for programmers, level designers and artists.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development.
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
- Has knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc
Qualification, Experience, Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience.
- 5 years of commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 1 published game.
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and perforce.
- Relevant experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen consoles
- Able to plan and estimate their own tasks and ensure timely delivery of work.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to analyze unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module.
- Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity.
- Passionate about playing and making games.
- Good understanding of gameplay technology and can use their technical knowledge in various areas such as mathematics, physics, animation, artificial intelligence to implement gameplay features, and believable behaviors.
- Ability to work in an iterative environment with game designers to quickly prototype gameplay features.
Desired Skills and Experience
C#, C++, Collaboration, DirectX, Game Design, Game Development, Game Programming, Gameplay, Gameplay Programming, PS3, Scheduling, system, environment, Agile Development, technical requirements, coding standards