Senior Gameplay Engineer
Ubisoft is composed of over 17,000 talented people located in 40+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing studio in San Francisco.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will be developing game and system-level features, and coordinating with the production staff to ensure that feature goals were being met. You will work on a small collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways.
- Implement game features and systems
- Collaborate with the design team and technical leads on game features
- Works on tasks assigned by the Lead Programmer
- Keeps player comfort into account when making implementation decisions
- Creates latency-free, reactive interactions
- Prototypes features and carries out iterative playtests
- Uses metrics to detect regressions in gameplay that harm the game feel
- Studies game and level design documents, and gives feedback on feasibility
- Identifies missing details in feature requests and breaks down the tasks into modules that can be implemented and tested
- Be a reference for the Gameplay Programming team in relation to various Programming elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise
- Produces efficient code and participates in architecture and code reviews
- Writes portable code
- Solves bugs and issues
- Manage workload and time autonomously within the tasks assigned and to deliver to specification and schedule
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Experience in gaming industry, with at least 5 years as Gameplay Programmer or similar position
- Knowledge of C++, and solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
- Passion for creating and playing many game genres
- Autonomous and proactive attitude
- Problem-solving and open minded attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and esports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after five years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status and will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.