Gameplay Animator (F/M/NB)
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAA's and aims to offer the best gaming experiences for our players. Today, our studio counts more than 300 talents from 15 different nationalities and is working on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Rainbow Six, Beyond Good & Evil 2, but also on mobile games, as well as exciting technologies with Harbour team, our Ubisoft's online service group, and the Streaming team.
As a Gameplay Animator at Ubisoft Bordeaux on the Assassins Creed franchise - you will be responsible for the creation of high quality, responsive animation content. We are looking for talented Senior Animators who have a passion for in-game Character Animation, love to play games and who want to grow further in a young and dynamic studio environment…
- Create high-quality, responsive, and believable Character Animations.
- Work hand in hand with the Lead Animator to deliver in-game animations to budget and on-time.
- Work closely with other animators, programmers, and designers to define, implement, and debug animations and gameplay mechanics.
- Collaborate with the Animation, Code and Design teams, to achieve the perfect balance between animation fidelity and gameplay responsiveness.
- Support the Animation Lead in mentoring Junior and Mid-level Animators in their animation craft and technical skillsets.
- Take part in regular review and feedback sessions – be proactive and solution orientated.
- Be a role-model to lower-level Animators.
- Help to organise and participate in Motion Capture shoots
- Experience using a major animation package (eg. Maya, Motionbuilder, 3DSMax)
- Experienced in both Keyframed Animation and Motion Capture editing
- Positive, solution-orientated individual, with a passion for video games and animation.
- Technical proficiency - Able to debug and develop animation systems, including blend trees and state machines.
- Great understanding of anatomy and human body mechanics.
- Proven application of the 12 principles of Animation (squash n stretch, exaggeration, timing etc…)
- Be self-motivated, proactive, and positive when faced with technical problems challenges throughout production.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills to work closely with Artists, Designers and Programmers.
- Animation/Art Degree or equivalent experience
- Outstanding Demo Reel
- Games Industry experience (1 or 2 shipped titles)
- Experience in 3rd Person Action Games
- Motion Capture shoot planning and organisation
- Proficient in using project management tools (Jira/Hansoft)