Senior Game Designer - VR [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like "Anno", "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege", "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", "The Settlers" and many more.
We are creating a brand-new team to work on an unannounced AAA VR project. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft's great IP's, developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR!
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer (f/m/d) who will be responsible planing, detailing, and supervising the work of the game designers with a very strong focus on content creation.
The potential candidate will actively participate in the creation and development of the world by supporting the Content Director and ensure the team's performance and resolve and manage the situations that hinder game design production objectives.
This is a full-time position based in Düsseldorf, Germany which requires working onsite
- A Passion for VR; experience in VR is a bonus
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the games industry working in level design or game design; shipping at least three projects and at least one AAA as a Game Designer or a Lead
- Experience supervising a game design team;
- Experience in level design;
- Experience in co-development;
- Excellent ability to organize and structure his/her own work and that of the team (follow ups, control, schedule);
- Hands-on attitude;
- Unity knowledge is a bonus;
- Strong focus in user experience;
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written;
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude;
- Be a team player
- Drive the design team to create and populate the "world" through the full cycle of production from conception to finalization;
- Collaborate with the Content director to ensure that the world created fits the overall vision and narrative for the game
- Manage a small team of narrative, mission, UX and system designers;
- Assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work, and set priorities for the game design team;
- Understand and ensure that the desired gameplays are well implement in all levels;
- Understand and ensure that the narrative and emotional ambition for the world is delivered;
- Work with the Tool and Engine teams to improve the Content workflow;
- Organize and attend playtests and be solution-oriented to the problem encountered;