Senior Game Designer (Progression)
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft's 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin's Creed® titles since Assassin's Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin's Creed® III, Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin's Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
As a Progression (Game) Designer, you will shape our player's journey, innovate and develop progression features, and find balance with our in-game economy. To do this you'll collaborate with a team of Progression Designers, the wider dev team, and be supported by your Lead, an Associate Producer, and our Game Directors.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Designing innovative, engaging, and accessible progression & economy systems;
- Working with the Gameplay team to define and support the progression needs and rollout;
- Formalize and document the systems in order to communicate them to the programming and design teams;
- Setting up, implementing, and continually balancing the in-game economy, using tools you'll be responsible for helping shape;
- Verify that the systems that are developed are coherent with the work of the key specialties within the team.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- A few years of experience & expertise in Progression & Economy design;
- Relevant experience working on AAA titles is a plus, current and next-gen consoles;
- Ability to accept critique, ability to listen;
- Excellent critical sense;
- Excellent communicator (spoken and written) and good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you're serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.