Senior Game Designer (M/F/NB)
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP : Steep, and his spiritual successor Riders Republic !
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and teamwork. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
For its Production Studio, Ubisoft Annecy is looking for a Game Designer Senior (M/F/NB) to join a team in charge of developing Riders Republic, our next AAA game, and be a part of the next Ubisoft Annecy main game!
Your mission will be to create progression mechanisms and main activities for the player progression, in order to maximize his/her engagement for the game.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- You will need to understand player’s social interactions and design around them. Continuing the roadmap after release and implement your own new mechanics and systems.
- In collaboration with the gameplay team, you will have to prototype, iterate and deliver some new features of the game.
- Test, measure, balance, and adjust the settings of your features to ensure great accessibility and yet a deep experience. You’ll be in charge of “tweaking the numbers” directly in the game code base if necessary to balance games aspects.
- With the help of the UI/UX team, make sure your features are perfectly exposed and clear for the player to ensure their accessibility
- Working with the tech teams and content teams you find the most efficient solution to leverage the quality of the features you’ll be in charge throughout the content.
- Provide design documents throughout the production life cycle from high-level concepts to specific test cases.
- You have relevant experience in a Game Design position.
- You worked as a Game designer within complex design systems (progression, economy, activities, game modes).
- A significant experience on a multiplayer game or GaaS is highly recommended, within a AAA open-world.
- Teamwork: you know how to listen, communicate, mitigate and work together with a team of various job experts
- You have a strong knowledge of the industry, and leverage competition’s best practices.
- You are aware of the new gaming trends, news models, and know how to include these references in your design thinking
- You have a player-centric approach. Among the team, you are riders, white knight!
- You are proactive in identifying problems and finding solutions. You are autonomous in working in a cell with your team
- A good level of English is required