About the Organization
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs, The Division, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Rayman, Just Dance as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studio in Pune!
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you have the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth.
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer to join the Ubisoft Pune studio as part of the well established Just Dance Now mobile production & live-ops team.
Senior Game Designer is a high-level position where you are expected to be the evangelist and core voice of Just Dance Now, be able to guide others, manage yourself, have a certain level of autonomy, and take responsibility for yourself and the others.
You will lead the Just Dance Now mobile team of developers and artists while working with production, live-ops, analytics and marketing teams to deliver highly engaging features and updates to the game. Maintaining and improving the Quality of Service is the key element for Just Dance Now.
This is a permanent position based in Pune, India, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy.
You will have the following responsibilities on Just Dance Now:
- Guide the execution of the existing roadmap.
- Work with the Producer and other key stakeholders to establish the future roadmap.
- Own and drive the quality of the player experience by providing creative design solutions that are in line with the Just Dance Now vision.
- Create and playtest UX prototypes to help improve the player experience.
- Design new progression and reward systems to improve the user engagement.
- Work with the marketing and live-ops teams to guide and evaluate the creation of the marketing, promotional, and event-based assets and other communication material.
- Communicate your designs clearly and be able to persuade others about an idea or vision.
- Create documents, presentations, wireframes, user flow, user stories, etc. that are clear and concise.
- Be open and constructive about any feedback or inputs received from others in the team.
- Ability to pivot and evolve ideas, if required, to match new direction and feedback.
- Collaborate and work closely with the rest of the team to ensure that the design specifications are achievable within the technical and production constraints.
- Be willing to identify and push the constraints where applicable and feasible.
- Follow-up on features post launch to improve, evolve or trim any components based on user feedback and user data.
- A strong interest in mobile games.
- 5+ years of Game Design experience in mobile free-to-play games with atleast 2 successfully shipped titles.
- Experience designing features and content for live-ops on at least 1 mobile free-to-play title.
- Experience mentoring junior colleagues and driving multi-disciplinary teams in a design leadership role.
- Good grasp of prototyping tools such as Adobe XD and Photoshop.
- A keen eye for quality and design excellence.
- Strong ability to deconstruct high level systems and product direction into specific technical details, new features, and tasks.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment, while delivering within deadlines and time constraints.
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage.
- A great listener with superb written and oral communication skills in English.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (nice to have)
- Knowledge of collaboration tools like Confluence, Jira and Miro.
- Experience working with Unity 3D.
- Prior experience playing Just Dance titles.
- Optimism, humor, open mindedness, with a can-do attitude and a desire to constantly improve.