Senior Game Designer
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs ,Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the Unknown.
As a Senior Game Designer, you will be responsible for autonomously developing game systems, controls and interfaces (as well as other interactive elements of the project), in order to bring the vision of the Lead Designer/Creative Director into a quality playable experience.
- Takes ownership in the design of player-character core mechanics, controls, and camera dynamics, as well as the planning for how they should be used in-game.
- Works directly with Programming, Animation, and Modeling teams to drive development of individually owned features.
- Design and implement game systems and level content that answer the needs of the Producer in regards to the targeted player experiences.
- Takes ownership of system documentation and communication to the entire Production team. Keep all relevant documentation maintained for future reference.
- Lead the creation of prototypes, adjusting and validating systems prior to starting production. Assess the success of prototypes by measuring how objectives are met, using relevant quantitative and qualitative assessment techniques.
- Adjust Game Systems to allow the player to elaborate on valid strategies which align with the desired experience sought by the Lead Designer/Creative Director.
- Drive the design of development tools required to implement and adjust game systems in collaboration with the Programming Team.
- Perform other tasks, as required;
- A College Degree/Diploma in Game Design, Game Production or any other applicable educational or work related experience;
- Shipped a minimum of three (3) titles, with at least 1 of them being mobile.
- 4-5 years experience working within the Games Industry.
- A demonstrated track-record of excellent management skills, with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems, and meet deadlines, all while maintaining a positive outlook!
- Experience in communicating effectively across different audiences on a broad range of topics, e.g. technical, business and creative. Both verbally and written.
- Experience working within a cross-discipline collaboration.
- A Genuine interest and passion for games, especially F2P mobile gaming!
- Experience working with HyperCasual and/or Idle Games.
- Experience working within Live-Ops games development.
- Any 'hands-on' experience working within Unity.
- Competitive salary scale
- Additional paid time off over the Christmas/New Year Holidays
- Affordable Gym membership
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care.
- Flexible Work Hours and a healthy work/life balance
- The ability to work alongside an international and diverse team
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge Accepted? Join us and create the unknown!
Our studio is located in the heart of the city (Halifax) within the historic and iconic Keith's Brewery Market. The Halifax Harbour is in view from our windows and lunch breaks can be spent on the boardwalk or at one of the many restaurants and cafes that populate the downtown core. The studio culture is dynamic, with communication happening constantly between teams with an emphasis on team-building and collaboration!
We Value Diversity!
Here at Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to lend a helping hand. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.