Senior Financial Analyst
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
What you'll do
Ubisoft, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Senior Financial Analyst for its Financial Planning and Analysis department. This individual will be located in Montreal and report to the Director of Finance Analytics. This position will be responsible for the forecast and budget of AAA New Release and catalog titles for the Americas as well as product cost of sales.
Gross Margin Forecast
- Collaborate and coordinate with sales, marketing, and other leaders to understand title potential, validate underlying business assumptions, and assess forecast risks and opportunities.
- Forecast weekly sales for major new releases, incorporating an understanding of market dynamics, business trends, and competitive landscape to provide insight on game impact.
- Prepare monthly reporting to senior management with proactive analysis and commentary on business performance.
- Liaise with territory directors on region specific strategies to maximize profitability within physical retail segment.
- Monthly forecasting of catalog titles and older GAAS games. Understand product roadmap and promotional calendar and assess impact on product lifecycle.
- Maintain manufacturing COGS forecast for physical products
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field required
- Minimum 5 years of experience with business / financial analysis
- Strategic and creative thinker with demonstrated analytical and modeling capabilities
- Ability to analyze needs, find best practice solutions and build trusted networks to accomplish goals
- Action oriented individual who can visualize solutions and execute them efficiently and effectively
- Superior spreadsheet modeling and presentation skills with robust knowledge of Advanced MS Excel, MicroStrategy knowledge a plus
- Prior experience with video games, with a strong understanding of gaming product features and industry trends a plus
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.