Senior Data Analyst (M/NB/W)
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Ubisoft, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Sr. Data Analyst to join the Player Analytics team. She/He is responsible for developing data mining and statistical modeling solutions to understand game performance and key business behaviors, such as player engagement, retention, and monetization for a portfolio of games.
The ideal candidate is a high-performing individual with an analytical mind that thrives in delivering solutions to complex problems, has an affinity for data and analytics in support of driving business decisions. She/He has a strong aptitude for problem solving and creative solutions.
- Address advance analytics questions regarding player behavior and in-game monetization needs for our Paid & Free to Play offerings and effectively communicate findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Explore player data proactively and suggest new opportunities to measure and assess the performance of games. Identify meaningful relationships, patterns, or trends from complex data sets
- Build cohort analyses to identify trends in player behavior and measure impact of content release on activity and monetization. Build and evolve in-game measurement and experimentation methodologies
- Develop models to forecast acquisition, retention, and monetization at player level
- Collaborate with the other members of the Player and Finance Analytics teams to identify strategic business questions, key metrics, and actionable insights
- Work in collaboration with Publishing Data Intelligence Team on ad hoc analysis
You will be a great fit if you have a strong bias towards action, enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive business impact. We’re looking for someone who has the technical skills to surface insights quickly, and the interpersonal skills to communicate those insights in a way that persuades action.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Math, or similar quantitative discipline; MBA preferred
- Strong expertise in quantitative analysis roles (data modeling, data visualization, statistics, predictive modeling…)
- Strong analytical skills and business judgment to model sophisticated scenarios and apply insights to strategy and planning
- Proficient in SQL, familiar with visualization tools (Tableau), R or Python knowledge is a plus
- Video Game industry experience in Free to Play or Mobile (business/user acquisition models) a plus
This position is based in Saint-Mandé (Métro St Mandé - line 1 / RER Chateau De Vincennes - line A)
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our players’ community.