(Closed) Senior Business Analyst
Ubisoft is composed of over 14,000 talented people located in 5 continents across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
The company’s 40+ different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
Ubisoft, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking an energetic, passionate, and full-time Senior Business Analyst. This individual will act as the data expert for the NCSA business region, designing tools and dashboards to provide in depth reporting for Ubisoft products & competitors, in addition to completing ad hoc research projects for senior management. He or she will also manage one intern or contractor. The position is based in San Francisco, CA and will report directly to the Senior Manager, Business Analysis.
Tool Design & Development
- Provide Business Intelligence solutions and analytics to support data management needs of team and business partners.
- Actively identify needs or gaps in reporting and execute creative solutions.
- Design and build business tools to improve usability and reliability of data. Support best practices for reporting, analytics, and key metrics.
- Create, automate, and maintain reporting tools & performance dashboards for distribution to executive management utilizing Excel, MicroStrategy and Tableau.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence partners to support development of BI infrastructure including metrics, reporting and analytics platforms.
- Function as data steward expert, identifying and resolving accuracy issues.
- Manage team reporting and knowledge share within SharePoint site.
Forecasting/ Market Analysis/ Reporting
- Develop in-depth understanding of key drivers of sales performance by utilizing statistics and data mining techniques to understand business drivers.
- Report on industry-wide sales data. Provide analysis and communicate findings to senior management. Edit and publish monthly reporting to company.
- Incorporate financial modeling, situation analysis and problem diagnosis to support ad hoc business decisions.
- Be able to confidently present analysis and demonstrate tools to team and executives, and be flexible in adapting to unexpected questions.
- Manage and oversee weekly reporting deliverables with one temporary intern.
- Bachelor degree in Mathematics, computer science or other applicable fields.
- 5+ years in an analytical role.
- Advanced Excel skills (vlookups, macros, pivot tables, external data ranges, formulas, functions)
- Intermediate SQL or VBA experience required. Teradata a plus.
- Intermediate skills for Access, MicroStrategy, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Experience with business intelligence and data warehouse solutions such as MicroStrategy or Business Objects required.
- Possess genuine excitement and passion for developing and analyzing large, complex data sets and converting them into the information/insights that drive business decisions at all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding communicator; should be able to convey ideas to other teams
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and time efficient.
- Knowledge of video game industry a plus.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.