Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to delivering AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
As our new Senior Audio Designer, you will be overseeing artistic and technical audio content for AAA Ubisoft brands.
Your role will include Implementation of audio content (music, sound design, voiceover) into the game by using audio engines, game engines and tools.
- Creation and enhancement of game features and gameplay mechanics with audio designs.
- Working closely with game and level designers to ensure that the audio design supports the game design.
- Working with various audio engine features, commercial wave editors and take an active role in improvement and bug-fixing.
- Working with audio software developers to bring needed functionality into the studio.
- Works closely with programmers to solve technical issues and to ensure a high quality soundscape.
- Defining features and tasks for projects.
- Ensures proper documentation using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Confluence/Wiki.
- Sound design including field recording, Foley, synthesis, library-work, etc.
- Research within audio databases for the whole production process.
- Mixing and mastering of linear media.
- Participate in the creation of the game at the creative level (with the lead designer, creative director, artistic director, etc.) to enhance the player’s immersion and experience.
- Take part in the assessment of the sound content that is not included in the game (e.g. trailer, teaser, marketing…) or develop this content in-house.
- Bachelor's Degree in Audio, Sound Design, Music or equivalent
- Excellent skills in Audio Engine Editors (Wwise (is preferred), FMOD...)
- Profound skills in various DAWs (Nuendo (is preferred), Cubase, Pro Tools, Logic…) and Audio Editing Tools (Wavelab, Soundforge…)
- Good skills in Game Engine Editors (Unity, Unreal...)
- 3+ years experience in a similar position
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
Nice to have
- Experience in Perforce
- Experience in scripting/coding (C++, C#, Java,…)
- Experience in 3D Software (Maya, 3DS Max)
What We Bring
We offer an opportunity to work with one of the largest and strongest Audio teams in Ubisoft. Our Audio team have gone through rapid growth and we are now 35+ people working in a fully equipped Audio Studio within Ubisoft Düsseldorf.
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days holiday, 11 days public holidays, 5 Care for your Sick Child days (all paid)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
- Gym Subsidy.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare