As a 3D Modeller at Ubi MTL, you will create assets, environments, creatures, and animals for players to interact and connect with. You’ll combine your artistic and technical talents to form the physical features that define the characters that live within our worlds.
To you, creating new blend shapes, good edge flow, and optimized meshes are opportunities to push your skills. Always eager to improve, you’re constantly on the lookout for feedback to refine your art and build the best foundation for characters to be brought to life.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the art and narrative teams to understand the game’s creative and artistic visions.
- Develop and polish your character art throughout the 3D pipeline (modelling, sculpting, texturing, retopologizing, UV unwrapping, etc.).
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints to achieve aesthetic quality and technical functionality.
- Partner with riggers and animators to make characters move believably.
- Adapt your work based on feedback from play testers and interdependent teams.
What you bring
- A college diploma in 3D Modelling, Fine Art, or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
- At least 1-3 years of experience in modelling, texturing, or other related experience
- Knowledge of 2D art tools (e.g. Photoshop) and 3D software (3DS Max, Maya, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer, and ZBrush) *
- Solid understanding of topology, materials, textures, proportion, and anatomy + animation and game limitations (poly count, memory, etc.)
- A highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivation to reach out for feedback and adapt to it
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A portfolio of your best 3D work – especially the transition of a 2D design into a 3D character! Attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being. Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.