Rigger - Facial Animation
With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team recently assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the latest installment in the critically acclaimed series. The team has just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.
As a Rigger at Ubi Québec, you make it possible for characters and objects to come to life and move realistically within our worlds.
From pivoting to bending, squashing and stretching, you define what can be done and how through flexible and intuitive rigs. You take inspiration from the real world when you can – and turn to your imagination when you can’t. With a variety of internal tools at your disposal, you can focus on achieving quality and consistency without having to build everything from the ground up time after time.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the character and animation team to deliver high quality assets for a wide range of art styles
- Create facial setups that are true and unique to the design and personality of the characters
- Ensure that characters’ quality objectives are met within the game engine
- Support the cinematic design team with their narrative and technical needs
- Validate and edit the result of the analysis of the script & voice recording, collaborating with the audio team in doing so
- Work with and maintain the existing facial animation system
- Contribute to the facial research and development efforts
- Plan and scope deliverables with production teams
What you bring
- Solid understanding of the principles of animations and the anatomy of facial expression
- Strong proactivity and troubleshooting skills
- Strong artistic skills and must be comfortable with the technical aspects of the pipeline
- Experience in working collaboratively as a team, and able to work with minimum input
- Good communication skills, willing to give and receive direction well
- A degree in 3D Animation or equivalent (or related training)
- Experience in rigging, modelling, or animating (or other related experience)
- Knowledge of 3D software (3DS Max, Maya, and MotionBuilder)* + familiarity with scripting
* Knowledge of game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal), a plus
What you send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A demo reel with a breakdown of your best work – seriously, show us your process! Attach samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.