R&D Engineer (Mobile)
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassins Creed, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Rayman Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studio in Pune! We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit.
Ubisoft India is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ubisoft Entertainment is seeking for RND Engineer with strong technical background and ability to understand handle the coding expertise. The RND engineer will work with the Automation Team Lead and help him develop automation modules for different project. The member will also collaborate with development, QC lead and different managers to understand the requirements and identify the QC needs.
The ideal candidate shall have the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel. Strong game knowledge and Technical strong to understand debugging, troubleshooting, knowledge of source code and work on different environments. The position will require the person to work closely with multiple studios and the development teams to ensure high level of collaboration on the assigned title.
As owner of delivering high quality outputs on a project, you will be involved in a many projects and initiatives of quality control and serving the following mandates -
Job Title: - R&D Engineer (For tool development in Gaming)
UBISOFT is seeking for R&D Engineer having proficiency in one or more of C++, C#, Unity and has an ability to develop state of the art and robust Automation Framework in game testing.
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science or related field.
- Minimum 2-5 years of in-depth experience in programming languages.
- Having a strong conceptual understanding and hands on coding expertise in one or more of the following: C++ or C#
- Should have strong understanding and hands on experience in API automation
- Should have hands on implementation experience of CI/CD using tools like Jenkins, TeamCity etc.
- Should have good understanding of Software Development and Testing lifecycle processes
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting abilities
- Knowledge of Versioning/source-code-control system.
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Experience in gaming industry is an added advantage
- Android and iOS development knowledge is added advantage
- Working closely with development team, Tools Group and Test teams to understand game architecture, game play and thereby develop automation solution (tool) for speedy and quality delivery of games
- Analyze execution report, log valid product defect, take decisions on quality of the build and communicate status of the build quality to stake holders
- Developing robust Automated scripts ranging from simple to complex scenarios
- Should be able to write unit tests whenever needed
- Till CI, CD is in place, regularly execute automation
- Maintain already developed automation framework and scripts with regular changes in build and to adapt to better technologies as and when needed
- Develop tools and applications to enhance productivity in game testing life cycle
- Working in team, collaborating with other members of the team, locally and abroad.
- Contribute in knowledge sharing, brain storming, and other initiatives of prototype development and innovation
- B.E/BTech/MTech/MS Computer Science in computer science or equivalent
Additional Notes :- Game testers- Evolution of Responsibilities
- Work with Automation Lead and Automation teams in collecting and better defining the QC requirements
- Understand, anticipate and support the changes in QC process with automation solution in place
- Learn and train in usage of scripts and automation solutions
- Expertise in setting up prerequisites, environment configuration, troubleshooting to best utilize the automation solution
- Help in development and maintenance of the automation scripts and solutions
- Integrate the output of automated test execution into the regular bug submission and reporting frameworks
- Communicate and help define the effectiveness of automation approach on the project
- Participate in KPI reviews to better understand the impact and suggest improvements to the automation process