Project Manager - Infrastructure
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
Joining Ubisoft's IT team as a project manager and more specifically the infrastructure solutions team, you will join a multidisciplinary team whose goal is to design and deploy technical solutions that support the activities of Ubisoft employees worldwide.
In this role, you will collaborate with several technical stakeholders including highly specialized developers, system administrators and technicians and more closely with a solution architect who oversees technological decisions. In addition, you will be responsible for managing and leading this community of experts and influencers in their technological specializations.
- Participate in the management, development and monitoring of planning, budget, respect of deadlines and quality of deliverables;
- Understand and discuss the needs of internal clients and translate them (with the help of the architect) into solution scenarios (budget, planning, risks);
- Present and defend the scenarios to communities and decision-makers;
- Coordinate internal and external resources (including suppliers) during the study, experimentation and negotiation phases;
- Organize the user test phases with the IT support teams concerned;
- Continuous improvement of the solutions deployed in the form of an Agile project;
- Be the reference point for projects: communicate proactively and appropriately with all project stakeholders (internal customers, teams and other stakeholders);
- Change & Risk Management;
- Develop expertise within the community by coordinating training actions and participation in external technical events;
- Organize and facilitate annual workshops.
- University degree in computer science, project management or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in IT project management.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Mastery of the different phases of an IT project from coaching to closing;
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure components and their uses;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Sense of prioritization and change management;
- Understanding of Agile and Waterfall project management practices;
- French and English, spoken and written.
Bonus Skills :
- Curiosity for emerging IT technologies;
- Experience on projects in collaboration with DevOps teams;
- Experience on projects using Open Source components.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.