With a team of more than 500 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec continues to grow and expand. Founded in 2005, the Quebec City studio has carved out a place for itself among the leaders in the video game industry. Involved in several of Ubisoft's flagship franchises, it has acquired solid expertise, positioning it in the development of major AAA games. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec City team has assumed leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Immortals Fenyx Rising as well as the new crossover stories of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Valhalla.
As a Team Lead at Ubi Quebec, you guide a group of talented and inspired programmers who develop technology critical to the creation of games Ubisoft fans can’t wait to play. Your team achieves its ambitions thanks to your technical know-how, leadership and ability to make informed decisions. You take pride and share passion for the systems your team develops together.
Your vision and your deep comprehension of what everyone does on your team allow you to harmonize and to multiply the results of everyone’s contribution. When quality systems are delivered and when they work together cohesively, you know you have contributed to offering a rich experience to our players. That’s what truly motivates you.
The daily life of a Team Lead at Ubi Quebec
On a typical day, you gather your team to discuss progress with assigned tasks. You note issues and brainstorm ways to address them. You review outstanding bugs and how best to approach them. You communicate regularly with leads from other disciplines, to plan ahead, identify risks and deliver on time.
You code alongside your team on a daily basis. You regularly update your Project Lead on your team’s assignments and meet with other leads both within and outside your project to discuss how to improve workflows and share technology.
What you bring
- A degree in Computer science or Software engineering;
- Experience in game programming;
- Experience managing a team of game programmers;
- Proficient in C++ and other programming languages commonly used in game production;
- Participation in at least one full game production or equivalent as a programming team lead;
- Impeccable strategic leadership and communication skills;
- Remain calm when facing challenging situations (you know a solution is always at hand.);
- A deep understanding of video game production with the ease to see the perspectives of other game production discipline;
- Experience in C # (an asset Online);
- Experience with framework and online services (an asset Online);
- Experience with Xbox Live / Playstation Network (an asset Online).
What to send our way:
- Your resume, highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped.
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is essential to creating worlds where gamers and their teams can thrive and express themselves. It's about taking on exciting challenges, being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and being part of the future of entertainment.