Programming Team Lead (Online)
“ With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development.
Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team recently assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the latest installment in the critically acclaimed series. The team is currently working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising, slated for release on December 3rd 2020. ”
Programming Team Lead
As a Team Lead at Ubi Québec, you guide a group of talented and inspired programmers who develop technology critical to the creation of games Ubisoft fans can’t wait to play. Your team achieves its ambitions thanks to your technical know-how, leadership and ability to make informed decisions. You take pride and share passion for the systems your team develops together.
Your vision and your deep comprehension of what everyone does on your team allow you to harmonize and to multiply the results of everyone’s contribution. When quality systems are delivered and when they work together cohesively, you know you have contributed to offering a rich experience to our players. That’s what truly motivates you.
The daily life of a Team Lead at Ubi Québec
On a typical day, you gather your team to discuss progress with assigned tasks. You note issues and brainstorm ways to address them. You review outstanding bugs and how best to approach them. You communicate regularly with leads from other disciplines, to plan ahead, identify risks and deliver on time.
You code alongside your team on a daily basis. You regularly update your Project Lead on your team’s assignments and meet with other leads both within and outside your project to discuss how to improve workflows and share technology.
What it takes to make it
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Software engineering
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in game programming
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team of game programmers
- Proficient in C++ and other programming languages commonly used in game production
- Participation in at least one full game production or equivalent as a programming team lead
- Impeccable strategic leadership and communication skills
- Remain calm when facing challenging situations (you know a solution is always at hand.)
- A deep understanding of video game production with the ease to see the perspectives of other game production discipline
- Experience in C # (an asset Online)
- Experience with framework and online services (an asset Online)
- Experience with Xbox Live / Playstation Network (an asset Online)
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey !