Programmer (Rendering Team)
With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team recently assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the latest installment in the critically acclaimed series. The team has just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.
When you’re a programmer in the rendering team, you connect with our players on two of the most basic aspects of a AAA game: its visuals and its performance. Your exceptional maths skills, your sharp eye for visual detail and your knowledge of GPUs allow you to write a game’s most fundamental code and deliver a stunning visual experience.
As a dependable member of a larger production team, you collaborate with colleagues from a range of disciplines who depend on you for quickly getting something that is clear and good looking up on screen. You work well with technical artists, transforming their requirements into efficient, working code.
Essentially, what you care about is image quality; you’re probably a photography or cinematography buff. You have a good understanding of the physics of lighting and a working knowledge of physically based shading. You use these passions, skills and knowledge to create striking work, and are eager for your colleagues’ feedback.
Your main tasks are :
- Program code customized to the hardware you are working with
- Explore new hardware and deal with the interesting new challenges it poses
- Meet up with artists to assess their needs and vision
- Review code to improve its performance, in search of that vital extra millisecond
- Read the latest relevant academic literature in order to stay at the forefront of your field
- You might attend a 3D tech talk by one of your colleagues on another project or brand – or give one yourself
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in 3D programming, ideally in the video-game industry, (having shipped a video game is an asset)
- A proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of visuals
- Experience with HLSL, DirectX
- Proficiency in C++ (understanding of C# is an asset)
- Experience developing on video-game consoles and in performance optimization for consoles
- You are a Philomath (a.k.a. a lover of maths – algebra, geometry, calculus, the whole set)
- You are creative and thirsty for innovation
What to send our way
- Your CV
Working at Ubisoft means :
- Have access to benefits that make a real difference in your day-to-day life :
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is essential to creating worlds where gamers and their teams can thrive and express themselves. It's about taking on exciting challenges, being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and being part of the future of entertainment.
*Please note that the response time and analysis of applications will be longer from December 20, 2021 to January 17, 2022 due to the holidays. Please be assured that your application will be considered and that a member of the recruitment team will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you and happy holidays.