Programmer Analyst (Java - Big Data)
As a Programmer Analyst within Ubi MTL’s DNA team, you’ll help develop and maintain a scalable data pipeline to provide production teams with useful analytic content.
Working with a complex data ecosystem and tech stack, you’ll participate in all aspects of the real-time data processing pipeline lifecycle, coming up with answers to questions like: How do we handle increasing volumes of data? Which technologies best meet our needs? What can we do to optimize and improve our systems and tools?
What you’ll do
Within a SCRUM/agile environment:
- Research, prototype, and experiment with new tech to explore data processing opportunities.
- Synch up with your team to discuss work-in-progress, ideas, and blockers; plan and prioritize; overcome issues; etc.
- Contribute to coming up with solutions to continuously improve data quality.
- Stay up to date on technological advancements to help develop our best practices.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Around 4 years of data development or programming experience (or related experience)
- Proficiency with Java
- Solid critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A highly collaborative and innovative spirit
- Resourcefulness and plenty of flexibility
- Basic understanding and quick grasp of big data technologies (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Storm, Hive, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Ability to navigate between the big picture and the micro details
- Motivation to make complex information accessible (and understandable) to all
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
DNA: developing and managing data services and tools
The DNA team develops and manages a variety of data services and tools for storing and analyzing game telemetry. Known as a company-wide reference and trusted source, our products provide:
- real-time visibility on how Ubisoft titles are played; and
- an understanding of the habits and preferences of the people playing them.
Committed to knowledge sharing, we collect, process, and curate in-game data. Then transform it into clear and informative visualizations. The result? Meaningful metrics for production teams to make informed decisions and create even better gaming experiences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.