PHP Technical Lead
The IT Department of UBISOFT is looking for a Technical Lead to join a team responsible with designing and developing back-end solutions for the E-Commerce ecosystem.
You will be part of a multinational team which develops and implements innovative global solutions that are the backend of all Ubisoft’s sales channels – web, in-game, in-store. This is a great opportunity to gain invaluable knowledge and expertise along the way, from best industry experts, on both on technical and business side.
- Coordinate the development activities within his scope: technical design, software development activities, unit testing, technical documentation, release processes, monitoring & performance management
- Be the expert on the applications that are assigned to you and assist the developers that work on those projects
- Propose technical solution and be involved in the R&D process on new technologies that will benefit existing tools
- Communicate ideas, issues, status, and outcomes with the team and managers
- Assist in promoting a positive engineering and team culture
- Provide technical and functional guiding to team members
- Be responsible of code review for the developments done by other developers and ensure all the guidelines are respected, keeping a high-quality code
- University graduate
- 5+ years of experience developing in PHP (recent PHP7 and Symfony experience required) within professional IT environment
- Extensive experience of developing object-oriented PHP applications
- Experience with MVC frameworks (Symfony)
- Experience with unit/functional testing frameworks (PHPUnit, Behat)
- Strong experience with applications design and development practices
- Possesses strong knowledge of client/server and internet systems architectures and accurately suggests the use of the appropriate technology for the application
- Strong knowledge of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience in database architecture and design (MySQL)
- Basic knowledge of PMI/Scrum methodologies
- Knowledge in working with cloud services (AWS)
- Results driven, focused on delivering quality work
- Ability to work as part of team with excellent communication& interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to multitask and smoothly transition between tasks across multiple projects
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Excellent knowledge of English
Benefits that you can enjoy
- training and development programs, to expand your mind.
- a bi-yearly bonus, because we respect performance.
- private medical services & on-site doctor, because we value your health.
- facility in accessing private medical services for family & friends, because we know those around you matter.
- gaming corners, snooker, ping pong, a cool gym, massages, weekly football, aikido/kickbox/yoga/aerobics classes, because we care about you being relaxed and having fun.
- all the Ubisoft games you’d like to play, free access.
- extra vacation days, health & life insurance, private pension and international mobility, based on seniority, because we actually appreciate you being part of our teams.
- bikes to borrow, for free rides.
- parties, gaming competitions, office events, UBITedx because they’re just fun.