At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
The Enterprise Business Services (EBS) is currently looking for an IT Developer (PHP) to join their team; in charge of developing the company’s E-Commerce ecosystem through building new features and integrating new services such as Payment Service Providers, Order and Tax Management, Subscription Management.
As an IT Developer, you will participate in the web project development process: analysis, design and code implementation, test and debugging of the functions that they will integrate.
- Design, code, and test technical solutions while seeking optimal performance and code structure;
- Employ a straightforward development process aiming at reusable, optimal, maintainable solutions that will enhance the platform’s quality;
- Support the functionality of developed applications in all environments through interaction with Ops teams and/or set up of continuous integration and deployment tools;
- Work with Project Managers and/or Development Team Leaders to define priorities, build project plans and estimations;
- Identify and troubleshoot system deficiencies and recommend solutions;
- Increase applications’ operating efficiency on a regular basis;
- Create technical documentation, with emphasis on quality-driven deliverables;
- Actively contributes to corporate knowledge base;
- Maintain excellent knowledge on the domain activity;
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related training or equivalent experience.
Minimum 1 year in a professional software development environment in the following:
- PHP stack (preferably Symfony framework);
- Object-oriented programming;
- Database knowledge (SQL or NoSQL);
- ReactJS or VueJS (an asset);
- PHPUnit and/or Behat (an asset).
- Extensive knowledge on developing and consuming web services;
- Good knowledge on AWS stack;
- Experience with Unit Testing;
- Agile development is an asset;
- Experience in working Continuous Integration / Deployment platform is an asset;
- Bilingual (English and French).
- Autonomous and resourceful & easily adaptable;
- Fast learner & details oriented.
- Good communication and organizational skills;
- Quality and result oriented.
- Willing to travel quarterly to headquarters in Paris (when possible);
- Willing to participate in weeknight/weekend on call support (overtime);
- The office are located at 405 Ogilvy, in front of Parc's metro station.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.