Online Programmer (f/m/d)
The Online Programmer is responsible for developing in-game and custom online services. These will interact with or complement Ubisoft’s existing online infrastructure.
- Manage the interchange of data between players and the server/services/game
- Provide access to the online architecture to presentational programmers
- Assist in the development of innovative solutions to enrich the online gaming experience of players
- Program and optimize systems, such as storefront data and player progression systems
- Work with precision and care on our live systems and frameworks
- Work on identifying and improving existing systems and identify new opportunities
- Integrate Ubisoft’s global services into our game by using an internal SDK to implement the features requested by the game design team for the game
- Those features will range from player inventory to matchmaking to leaderboards to various other topics
- An analysis phase is required to ensure that features provided by those services match the design as requested by game design team. If not, you may need to develop a custom service to match those needs
- Developing custom services means designing an online service based on a design from game design team. This includes defining the REST api, the storage system, implement the web service in C# and deploying it in Kubernetes, and to implement the according API calls in the game
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or any other relevant qualification with a strong technical background
- Strong C++ skills
- Excellent communication and good English skills
- Deep understanding of game production
- AWS & Docker experience
- Strong Python proficiency is a plus
- Expertise in online test framework and architecture
- Proven leadership and coaching skills is a plus
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com
About Ubisoft Blue Byte:
With more than 30 years of experience, Ubisoft Blue Byte is one of the pioneers of the German games industry. At three sites in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin the teams develop high-class gaming experiences. Ubisoft Düsseldorf and Ubisoft Mainz are leading the development of Anno 1800 and The Settlers as well as the VR escape room Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As co-developer the teams are supporting titles such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and Beyond Good and Evil 2. Ubisoft Berlin is focussing on co-development, including the upcoming Far Cry 6. All three studios combined form the German Ubisoft studio network. More Information at bluebyte.ubisoft.com.
About Ubisoft Düsseldorf:
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and Uplay. Ubisoft Düsseldorf is part of the Ubisoft Blue Byte studio network.