Online Programmer (Backend/C#)
Ubisoft Montreal is looking for online programmers to join its Harbour team!
Working on online services for our productions, the online programmer is in charge of the development and administration of online microservices written in C# on the Windows platform using a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases for all Ubisoft games with local or cloud technologies. As an online programmer, you will participate in the design and implementation of RESTful APIs based on a microservice architecture, working with a DevOps mindset.
What you'll do
- Participate in the design/analysis, coding, testing, integration, debugging, and supporting of online services.
- Estimate the effort required to accomplish tasks.
- Offer quality support to production teams.
- Evaluate risks and impacts of decisions and changes.
- Stay up to date on new technologies in the online services, game development, and general web fields.
What you bring
- RESTful web services using MVC Web API
- C# programming (.NET 4.5 and above)
- Database programming (SQL or NoSQL)
- Extensible distributed systems (scalability)
- Unit, integration, and load testing
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- Be autonomous and resourceful
- Fast learner
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to easily adapt to changes and new concepts
- Able to meet deadlines
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
- Knowledge of Amazon EC2
- Interest in security
- Knowledge of Visual Studio
- Knowledge of SQL Server
- Agile Development
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
Harbour: online solutions at Ubisoft
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.