Opened in October 2011, Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is one of the first major video game studios based in the UAE capital and is focusing on developing and bringing to market successful mobile games for a worldwide audience.
This position is based in the vibrant expat city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi is multi-cultural city, based on an island in the Persian Gulf and 1-hour drive from Dubai. Abu Dhabi offers vibrant social and forward-thinking cultural lifestyle. It has an array of experiences and events including pristine beaches, Formula 1, Theme Parks, Louvre Museum, vibrant nightlife and year-round sunshine. Having ranked number 1 for the past 4 years in a row as the safest city in the world (Numbeo), providing a great home and standard of living.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi successfully released two hidden-object / investigation free-to-play mobile titles: CSI: Hidden Crimes™ and NCIS: Hidden Crimes™. With the acquisition in February 2017 of the massive multiplayer free-to-play game Growtopia, the studio works on the title’s live operations. The team keeps focusing its efforts on creating further content for its live games and strengthening its player’s engagement in addition to work on other unannounced projects.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is seeking for talented C# web programmer with experience and expertise in the web domain. The main responsibility of the web programmer would be to make various modules for online games. The web programmer should be capable enough for creating various technical solutions as per the design requirements, additionally should have understanding of various web protocols.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create various gaming components for online games that can support multi-million user bases
- Write clean, robust, reusable code
- Follow and enhance existing development process and set standards
- Educate other team members on programming issue and concepts
- Make optimal architecture to make web and mobile based games using Unity as client side tech
- Adapt to reuse existing components and technology, rather than re-inventing them again.
- Provide support to team members whenever required
- Work with leads and production staff to organize the team to be effective and empowered.
- Understands the importance of writing secure code
- Have strong understanding of various protocols like HTTP and Sockets
- Comfortable in creating RESTful web services using MVC Web API
- Have good working knowledge about databases and be comfortable in using MySql or equivalent database
- Strong skills in server-side resource profiling, optimization and debugging
- Experience building synchronous client / server systems.
- Have a good understanding of NoSQL solutions such as MongoDB
- Have excellent programming skills and solid experience programming C#
- Have basic understanding of .Net core
- Comfortable with both Linux and Windows server environments
- Knowledge of AWS
- Have a strong understanding of object oriented programming
- Be flexible in organizing the work as per the requirements
- Understand how to work in a result oriented environments and should respect commitments towards the work
- Be a team player and has the ability to work in the constructive direction for the company, team and personal growth
- Be capable enough to adapt to changes and get the best out of it
- Should be fluent in English and should hold good communication skills to interact with various teams
- A passion for creating and playing games
- Experience with mobile games and social games are preferable
- Not afraid to learn new technology and rapidly apply it in your daily work
- Minimum 5 years of programming experience in web and related technologies
- Minimum 2 years of experience with synchronous client / server systems or high traffic scalable web services
- Degree in technology or any other training or equivalent
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.