Ubisoft is composed of over 17,000 talented people located in 40+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing studio in San Francisco.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
When you’re an Online Engineer at Ubi San Francisco, you have direct influence over the quality of the game’s online experience. You are entrusted with developing the game’s online features, frameworks, optimizing online performance, and developing custom services deployed to the cloud. You’re part of a team preparing the game for launch and then supporting it once it’s live.
During the game’s development, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will it be easy for the player to connect? Do the servers scale to support hundreds of thousands of concurrent users? Is the experience as seamless as it can be?
As a dependable member of a cohesive online team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration, and debugging of the game’s networked and online features. You care about providing our players with the seamless online playground they deserve.
The daily life of an Online Programmer at Ubi San Francisco:
- Develop and maintain backend game services
- Integrate backend game services into game client and servers
- Develop systems for deploying, patching and maintaining game servers running in cloud-hosted environment
- Coordinate with backend service providers to configure and maintain network-based resources
- Document systems and procedures
- Support the live operations team leading up to and after release
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in developing and optimizing C++, C#, Java and Python code
- Experience with online frameworks, services and network optimization
- Experience developing online features that interact with Xbox Live or Playstation Network is an asset
- Experience as part of a team that has shipped an online game
- Familiarity with services like AWS, Docker or Azure is an asset
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game
- You are creative and thirsty for innovation.
- Two shipped titles as online engineer or equivalent for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox360, PC or Mac
- DevOps mindset
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and esports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after five years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status and will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.